Here are the instructions for setting up the FortiToken application on your phone. Basically, it’s a Two Factor Authentication system that uses your password and a randomly generated number on the FortiToken client on your phone.
If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to write or call and we can walk you through it as well.
You will need to install the application first:
Go to the Google Play store to download the free FortiToken Mobile application for Android.
Go to the Apple App Store to download the free FortiToken Mobile application for iOS.
- On your device, open the FortiToken Mobile application.
If this is the first time opening the application, you will be prompted to create a PIN that will be used for secure access to your application and tokens.
- In the top-right corner, select the add-symbol ( + ). Your device's camera will show in order for you to scan the token's QR barcode; this is attached in your email notification.
Once scanned, continue to step 3.
- Once the QR code has been scanned, your token will become provisioned and activated, and start generating token codes immediately.
- From there, launch the Forticlient VPN client on your PC or Mac.
- Type in your username and password.
- If you see [FTM Push] click on that and you will be prompted on your phone to approve the connection
- Otherwise, type in the token number from your phone into the desktop client. A new one is generated every sixty seconds.
- Wait up to 45 seconds. Disconnect and retry if necessary.